What is it?
The Offline Application Block is a reusable library that provides an architectural model for developers who want to add offline capabilities to their smart client applications. The block demonstrates how to:
- Detect the presence or absence of network connectivity.
- Cache the required data so that the application can continue to function even when the network connection is not available.
- Synchronize the client application state and/or data with the server when the network connection becomes available.
Where to start?
The forums for common questions & answers
Offline Application Block Forums
- A patch that fixes a memory leak in the Configuration Application Block.
EntLib Patch 1475.zip
- This document describes how patterns & practices involves community in its engineering, and the options available to customers and partners wishing to engage in the development of patterns & practices assets.
p&p- Community Process 2.zip
- This is the Insurance Claims sample code for the February 2005 MSDN article and gives your applications offline capability with the Smart Client Offline Application Block.
- The zip file contains the Unit Tests used during the development of the Offline Application Block.
- The release contains Offline Application Block Webcast slide deck and demo code.