How to upgrade from the Smart Client Software Factory June 2006 to May 2007
1. Uninstall SCSF June 2006. SCSF May 2007 is an upgrade that does not break compatibility with SCSF June 2006, however they don't work side-by-side.
2. Uninstall GAT and GAX in order to install the latest version (February 2007 CTP). Note
: In order to unistall GAX, ensure you don't have any package registered, otherwise the uninstallation will fail.
3. (Optional) Read this post
if you need to remove a guidance package manually.
4. (Optional) Read Tom Hollander's post
, to know how to get all the factories running with this new version of GAX/GAT.
5. Install SCSF May 2007
. Check dependencies before install it to make sure you have all the prerequisites installed.
6. Copy the following assemblies from the Lib folder of the SCSF installation directory (%programfiles%\Microsoft Smart Client Factory\Lib\
) to the Lib folder of your solution:
7. Open the solution in Visual Studio. If you have the June 2006 guidance package enabled in the solution, a dialog box appears that asks if you want to remove it. Click Yes
to remove it.
8. On the Tools
menu, click Guidance Package Manager
. The Guidance Package Manager window will appear.
9. Click Enable / Disable Packages
10. From the list of packages, select Smart Client Development May 2007
, and then click OK
. The Guidance Package Manager will enable the guidance package.
11. Click Close
to close the Guidance Package Manager.