Error when creating Disconnected Service Agent

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Apr 19, 2007 at 8:43 AM
When i try to create the Disconnected Service Agent the entire project just closes.
Im not sure what this is. Anyone experienced something like this, im using Alpha Drop 8.

Also is there any documentation to the disconnected agent, about what it actually creates so that i can do this manually?
Apr 19, 2007 at 8:47 AM
Got a little further now... i get to the end of the wizard and when i finish it, the files are created but the this error.

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateDisconnectedServiceAgentCS. Error was: Action AddDisconnectedAgentReference failed to execute:
Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at VSLangProj.References.Add(String bstrPath)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Actions.VisualStudio.AddAssemblyReferenceAction.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Coordinators.ConditionalCoordinator.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()

And it removes the files again. Anyone who knows whats wrong?
May 2, 2007 at 7:43 AM
Hi toastis did you get any further?
I also get this COMException, in both Alpha Drop 8 and 9 when trying to add a Service Agent.
May 8, 2007 at 6:46 AM
I am getting the same error, when I look at the Guidance package, it looks as though there is a problem adding a reference in the project to Microsoft.Practices.SmartClient.DisconnectedAgent.dll.

I have tried to find what is causing the error, but as of yet have not succeeded.

I am running Vista business, VS Team Suite and Alpha Drop 10. I also received the error with the full release MSI.
May 14, 2007 at 11:13 AM
I really can't get this recipe to run. Could someone please post some example code of whats generated by this recipe so i can implement it manually... and also what has happened to Add Smart Web Reference in the later drops? is this recipe replaced by disconnected service agent?

Thanks
Jun 19, 2007 at 2:37 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2007 at 2:39 PM
This recipe will not run for me either. Same exception being thrown as above. Please help us straighten this out. I am running on Vista Home Premium.