Outlookbar - Mainmenu

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Apr 17, 2007 at 8:15 AM
Hi togehter,
i'm pretty new to CAB and are looking for a way to use a Outlookbar together with the MainMenu,
so i would like to have 'Customers' as a MenuItem in the MainMenu and as a part of the Sidebar. Is there any example of using a outlookbar or any (opensource) code.
Thanks in advance
Peter
Apr 17, 2007 at 4:42 PM
Edited Apr 17, 2007 at 4:42 PM

PeterForstmeier wrote:
Hi togehter,
i'm pretty new to CAB and are looking for a way to use a Outlookbar together with the MainMenu,
so i would like to have 'Customers' as a MenuItem in the MainMenu and as a part of the Sidebar. Is there any example of using a outlookbar or any (opensource) code.
Thanks in advance
Peter

Hi Peter,

You will need to extend the Main Menu extension site with the menu items you want. The outlook bar and the Main Menu are not related in any way, to have item in the menu and the outlook bar you will need to take separate actions.

With the outlook bar (I'm assuming you are referring to Matias's Outlook bar) you are adding a view to a Workspace like any other workspace.

In your ModuleController's run method, take a look at AddViews() and ExtendMenu() - these are the 2 places where you will add the code to show a View in the module bar and add menu items.
Apr 17, 2007 at 8:46 PM

Hi Peter,

You will need to extend the Main Menu extension site with the menu items you want. The outlook bar and the Main Menu are not related in any way, to have item in the menu and the outlook bar you will need to take separate actions.

With the outlook bar (I'm assuming you are referring to Matias's Outlook bar) you are adding a view to a Workspace like any other workspace.

In your ModuleController's run method, take a look at AddViews() and ExtendMenu() - these are the 2 places where you will add the code to show a View in the module bar and add menu items.

hi,
and thank's for your answer.
Did you have more information about Matias's Outlook bar. never heard about this.

Thanks
Peter
Apr 17, 2007 at 9:40 PM
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/matiaswoloski/archive/2006/05/01/OutlookBar.aspx

This is helpful as well
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/smartclientoutlookbar.asp

Good luck!