Error occurring adding smart web reference to SAP web service

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Apr 9, 2007 at 9:56 PM
I've been getting the following error when I try to create a smart web reference to a web service provided by SAP

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe AddAsyncWebServiceProxy. Error was: Action AddAsyncWebServiceProxyAction failed to execute:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.Practices.GuidanceAutomation.SmartClient.Actions.AddAsyncWebServiceProxyAction.Execute() in c:\Dev\scbat\GuidanceAutomation\SmartClientDevelopment\Actions\AddAsyncWebServiceProxyAction.cs:line 39
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionCoordinationService.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()

Has anyone else seen this error with web services that are not created inside the same application? If I create a smart web reference to a web service created inside my application it works fine.

Thanks in advance

Hayley
May 3, 2007 at 8:34 PM
Hi All,

I just tried again to add a web service reference to an SAP web service. I am still getting the same error. Has anyone been able to successfully use the recipe to add a smart web reference to an SAP web service?

Thanks

Hayley