How To Register SCSF Update 4 Alpha?

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Mar 20, 2007 at 10:03 PM
I downloaded the latest bits and compiled the solution. I tried registering the package from within VS2005 and I got an error: "An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe register...". So I tried installing using the SmartClientPackageSetup.msi file. I got the following error: "...SmartClientPackage.xml doesn't exist. This is a brand new install of GAX,GAT,SCSF on Windows XP, SP2. Never installed any of the bits before. Here's a dump of the error:

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe Register. Error was: Action Register failed to execute:
Failed to process package. See the Guidance Package Development output window for more information about the error..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.Configuration.Install.InstallException: Failed to process package. See the Guidance Package Development output window for more information about the error.
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.MetaGuidancePackage.Registration.PackageRegistationAction.ThrowFailure(DTE vs, String currentOperation, String output)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.MetaGuidancePackage.Registration.PackageRegistationAction.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionCoordinationService.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2007 at 12:26 AM
Hi

I was not able to repro this. Would you mind trying register the guidance package from Visual Studio again and extract the log information on the Output window -> choose the Guidance Package Manager from the dropdown?

You can paste it or send it via email to v-mawolo at microsoft dot com

Thanks
Matias
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/matiaswolos
Mar 25, 2007 at 6:57 PM
I'm getting the same error, but with the WSSF. I posted in their message board...I think they are related.

http://www.codeplex.com/servicefactory/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=8543

Any help would be great. Thanks