Trouble installing SC-SF Snapshot (2007.3.9.4)

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Mar 16, 2007 at 6:47 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2007 at 6:53 PM
I just downloaded SC-SF Snapshot (2007.3.9.4). Following the steps in the Readme.txt file, I built the solution and
but a hit a wall when I got to step 3 which says: "Use the Guidance Package Manager to enable the Guidance Package Development guidance package. You must do this before you can use the Register Guidance Package, Quick Register, and Unregister Guidance Package recipes.Note: " Also the Intro.htm file in the project states that I should: "Right-mouse click on the guidance package project and select the Register Guidance Package recipe from the context menu (this registers your guidance package) " I can't find the Guidance Package Manager anywhere.

So then I tried running the SmartClientFactoryPackageSetup.msi file but received the following error:

Package configuration file <path>\SmartClientFactoryPackage.xml does not exist.

I searched for this file and it does not exist.

I know when I'm beat - I'm stumped. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Chris

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2007 at 6:01 AM
Guidance Package Manager is part of either GAT or GAX (sorry, I can't remember which. Try GAX first). If you have both GAT and GAX (Guidance Automation Toolkit and Guidance Automation Extensions) installed, you should find Guidance Package Manager on the Tools menu when you have a solution open.

Mar 19, 2007 at 2:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestion - I already had GAT & GAX installed and once I ran SmartClientFactoryPackageSetup.msi to install into the same directory that SmartClientFactoryPackage.xml everything worked fine.

I appreciate the help - thanks again.
Apr 16, 2007 at 2:06 PM
I'm having the same problem with the install, I went through the steps listed and registered the package but when I run the ide all my other templates are gone and the msi still gives me the same error, can you give me more information regarding getting this new release installed?