Error installing MCSFactory on Vista - Cannot Connect to IIS

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Feb 19, 2007 at 12:53 PM
Hi there,

I'm getting an error installing the MCSF on Vista Ultimate. The installer throws an error when trying to access IIS : Cannot Connect to Internet Information Service (-2147221164).

Following that, there are several errors when the solutions are compiled and another when trying to run the batch script for SQL Server.

I'm installing the application through command promt run as administrator. I've successfully installed other factories in the same manner. Not really sure where to go from here? Any idea's? Thanks.

Steve
Feb 20, 2007 at 12:21 PM
Hi, i had the same problem while installing installing MCSF "Cannot Connect to Internet Information Service (-2147221164)." But it was fixed after removing IIS and reinstalling it(ofcourse, you will be asked for the windows installing CD-ROM). One thing else you should know, when the installer ask you for your machine name to setup connection with MSSQL you should type: "yourMachineName/SQLExpress" (maybe you have to put someting else, it depends on your MSSQL 2005 server configuration name).
At last, concerning the several errors you had while building MCSF solutions, i think their number will be decreased but i don't think that they will be all build successfully ;)
ciao stephenl!
Feb 21, 2007 at 11:51 AM

KingNothing wrote:
Hi, i had the same problem while installing installing MCSF "Cannot Connect to Internet Information Service (-2147221164)." But it was fixed after removing IIS and reinstalling it(ofcourse, you will be asked for the windows installing CD-ROM).

Hello, I had a look at your suggestion and found that I did not have to uninstall IIS, instead supplement it with additional features. Once I had installed the "IIS Metabase and IIS6 Configuration Compatibility" Windows feature the installation, and most of the compilation worked fine. Installation complete! Hurray!

Thanks again for your reply, I hope this resolves some issues others might have too.

Stephen