Manifest Utility private key

Topics: Updater Application Block
Nov 19, 2003 at 10:35 AM
originally posted by: codemaster

Has anyone had problems generating a manifest with the packaged RSA algorithm. I created a public and private key xml file with the manifest utility, then tried importing the private key, but it imports the entire xml file and then errors out with a base 64 conversion error when you go to create the manifest file, which makes since because there are non base 64 chars in an xml string. I looked in the code and it takes what you put in the text box but I can't figure out what in the private xml file is the private key. So, what is the private key in the xml file, and why doesn't the utility parse the file it inputs to the key text box in the first place? Thanks
-Mike
Nov 19, 2003 at 12:33 PM
originally posted by: JamesCadd

Everything between <key> and </key> is considered the private key. For example, when you load a private key into the manifest utility, the text should start with <RSAKeyValue> and end with </RSAKeyValue>. Make sure you have the RSA validator class selected in the manifest utility.
Nov 19, 2003 at 4:00 PM
originally posted by: codemaster

That did the trick, I didn't have the RSA algorithm selected (not sure how I missed that one). Thanks
-Mike