Error after signing assemblies with strong name

Topics: Updater Application Block
May 14, 2005 at 1:37 PM
originally posted by: spideros

I managed to sign all the assemblies on the updater, including the enterprise library ones, I also signed the interop.WindowsInstaller.

But, now I am getting the following error when trying to run the updater:

“Could not create Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.ConfigurationManagerSectionHandler, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.”

I found that on the internet:

o “Could not create Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.ConfigurationManagerSectionHandler, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.”

o I did not build the Enterprise Library Configuration application against the signed version of the Application Block’s assemblies so it did not use a key token when creating new configuration files; once I built the Enterprise Library Configuration against the signed assemblies, the new Enterprise Library Configuration assembly needed to be moved to the Enterprise Library’s bin directory.

I did what was sugested, but I still get the error.

Any ideas ?

Thankx
May 19, 2005 at 1:22 AM
originally posted by: AnuragRastogi

Hi,

The reason of the error may be the null value for PublicKeyToken that you had provided as you are already mentioning that you had signed all the assemblies including enterprise library ones,

you need to provide the publickeytoken value .