using relative paths ..

Topics: Updater Application Block
Mar 19, 2004 at 11:48 AM
originally posted by: midwest

has anyone tried using relative paths in the config files (both client and server)? I will have to make this change if we were to use the UAB. any ideas where I should start?
Mar 29, 2004 at 10:54 AM
originally posted by: PatTheRoucky

I'm looking for the same answer?
Apr 3, 2004 at 5:07 AM
originally posted by: GravyBod

I too am wanting this functionality.

I was thinking of modifying the ConfigSectionhandler.cs. In the Create method using Path.GetFullPath on the appFolderName element. That way you could enter something like .\1.0.1.0 and it saves it in the config class as c:\temp\Appupdater\... or where ever you are running the AppStart exe from.

Does this make sense??

I haven't tried this yet I'll let you know how it goes.

Graham
May 14, 2004 at 3:41 AM
originally posted by: jensiator

i'm trying to solve this problem to. No luck so far but I have som Ideas. If you use a setup wizard project you could write your own Custom Actions. This Action could rewrite the App1.exe.config file during tyhe setup install. The Action might be able to use AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory or the path that the user just choosed in the i setup wizard. ---Maybe.
Then we could choose not to include the App1.exe.config in the next release version. But I not sure if I will have to distribute the config file in future releases. So this may not be the right solution.

Jens Alenius