UAB 2.0

Topics: Updater Application Block
Apr 6, 2005 at 12:50 PM
originally posted by: Javierd2b

Hi, i have download the uab 2.0.
I have a problem, the appstart updates the files in the server
only the first time it runs, if i upload a new version nothing happens???
I am using the appstart that comes with the quickstart..
The tutorial says that if you want to download again the files from the server you must delete the folder uab but i want this process to be automated.
How i can modify the appstart aplication to do this?
Is possible do this with the 2.0??
In the previous uab when i upload a new version of my dll the download was automatic...
In the new version i don't know where to put the assembly version
Thanks!!
Apr 6, 2005 at 7:42 PM
originally posted by: Param23

UAB 2.0 Appstart uses stub approach for Application Updates.
This stub either check for updates at the start or at the end depending upon your settings in Appstart.exe.config (App.config).

You are running the stub exe (SimpleAppstart.exe ) which polls for updates and then start the Simpleapplication.exe or first start SimpleApplication and at the end poll for updates depending on your settings.

If you want to check for update ,just place a new manifest (with new manifest ID) and restart the application ,you will find updates.

But if you want Selfupdating and Selflaunching capability go to the thread : Making Selflaunching capabilty :- I have made it for me ..

http://gotdotnet.com/workspaces/messageboard/thread.aspx?id=83c68646-befb-4586-ba9f-fdf1301902f5&threadid=66a4ab19-293e-4529-8104-8c8b6ff82c7e

Regards
Param23
Apr 7, 2005 at 4:06 AM

Ok, i need a stub application, and changing the id of the manifest is what i was doing... but i need that the stub application download from the server without change the id of the manifest only when a new release is upload.. is there a way to do this??
Apr 8, 2005 at 1:25 AM
originally posted by: AnuragRastogi

Hi ,
according your scenario i don't think it will work because UAB works in following way-

while polling for new update it checks whether the manifest for the update has already applied or not. for that it check for the manifest file with manifestId and with the extenension appliedmanifest . In your application folder. If this file exist this means updates already applied or it's being applied if there's an associated task related to the manifest.
Apr 8, 2005 at 3:53 AM

Ok, i thought that the uab works like i said before....
For me the right way is make the update only when a new dll is upload to the server
Thanks