Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Topics: Updater Application Block
May 14, 2005 at 11:42 AM
originally posted by: enreynolds

Has anyone seen this error occur?
And if so, what was the sollution?
It happens after the application updater reads the manifest file, and begins the download.

Exception Information Details:
======================================
Exception Type: System.OverflowException
TargetSite: Int64 FromObject(System.Object)
HelpLink: NULL
Source: Microsoft.VisualBasic

StackTrace Information Details:
======================================
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LongType.FromObject(Object Value)
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater.Downloaders.BitsDownloader.OnJobModification(UpdaterTask task, IBackgroundCopyJob pJob) in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Patterns & Practices\Updater Application Block 2.0\src\vb\Downloaders\BITSDownloader.vb:line 611
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater.Downloaders.BitsDownloader.WaitForDownload(UpdaterTask task, IBackgroundCopyJob backgroundCopyJob, TimeSpan maxWaitTime) in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Patterns & Practices\Updater Application Block 2.0\src\vb\Downloaders\BITSDownloader.vb:line 415
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater.Downloaders.BitsDownloader.Download(UpdaterTask task, TimeSpan maxWaitTime) in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Patterns & Practices\Updater Application Block 2.0\src\vb\Downloaders\BITSDownloader.vb:line 199

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Jun 25, 2005 at 4:14 AM
originally posted by: Mathar

I had this same problem. The odd thing is that when stepping through the Updater code, it actually registered a different exception. The exception was caused by trying to download a .config file. I corrected that issue by changing the execute permissions to 'Scripts Only' for my virtual directory. Now, the updates are working.

Hope that helps...
Jul 27, 2005 at 10:39 AM
originally posted by: Alanraj

I did face this error twice.

1) My manifest file had some 60 files listed but some of them were not present in the location from which they were supposed to be downloaded. When I removed those incorrect entries this error message stopped.

2) .config files were causing this error earlier. To fix that I removed the mapping in IIS that made aspnet_isapi.dll to process requests for .config files.