Airthmetic operation resulted in an overflow

Topics: Updater Application Block
Nov 4, 2005 at 9:52 AM
originally posted by: knea

Hi,

I am trying to update "myapp.exe.config" file from the web server. I am getting the following error:
downloader.Download
Airthmetic operation resulted in an overflow...

I had noticed this error before when I was trying to update a .pdb file. I went to IIS and added .pdb in the MIME types and it worked. I am not sure if this is the same error. If it is then what should I add in the MIME types of IIS?

Thanks
Sajjad
Nov 5, 2005 at 5:40 AM
originally posted by: knea

Well I found the answer in one of the posts.

I had this same problem. The odd thing is that when stepping through the Updater code, it actually registered a different exception. The exception was caused by trying to download a .config file. I corrected that issue by changing the execute permissions to 'Scripts Only' for my virtual directory. Now, the updates are working.

Hope that helps...

Alanraj

User Posts:
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. Posted on: 07/26/2005 12:39:55

I did face this error twice.

1) My manifest file had some 60 files listed but some of them were not present in the location from which they were supposed to be downloaded. When I removed those incorrect entries this error message stopped.

2) .config files were causing this error earlier. To fix that I removed the mapping in IIS that made aspnet_isapi.dll to process requests for .config files.