Updater Problem

Topics: Updater Application Block
Jul 17, 2004 at 11:40 AM
originally posted by: AzHippy

First of all I am green but have been fighting through most problems. What is happening is I have the my application loaded (base level) and from there I can always get the updater to work - no matter what version I build the manafest for. But, if I start at the base version and update to say 1.0.0.20, when I try to update to 1.0.0.21 or 1.0.0.22 I get the following error. It seems this is a catch all error - everything falls into it. I have already loaded the base level and updated to 1.0.0.22 but I cannot go from 1.0.0.20 or 21 (or any other level) to 1.0.0.22.

Here is the error log everthing seems to be working until it just hangs - and any help would be appreciated . . .
DownloaderManager.ClientMustBeUpdated :
The version currently on the client for application 'CheckListClient' is 1.0.0.20 and the version on the server is 1.0.0.22.

DownloaderManager.BeginFileDownloads :
The local files must be updated for the application 'CheckListClient'.

DownloaderManager.DownloadApplicationFiles :
Manifest downloaded, now commencing download of application files for application 'CheckListClient'
to destination temporary folder 'C:\Program Files\ADOT\ADOT Checklist Client\newFiles\'

DownloaderManager.DownloadApplicationFiles :

SOURCE: 'http://adotnet/divisions/itd/checklist/clientinstallation/1.0.0.22/ChecklistClient.exe'
DEST: 'C:\Program Files\ADOT\ADOT Checklist Client\newFiles\ChecklistClient.exe'

DownloaderManager.BeginFileDownloads :
Status updated with job id '45675f97-4376-492f-92fa-aae0627a4e8f' for the application 'CheckListClient'.

BITSDownloader :
The BITS service returned an error for the job with the ID '45675f97-4376-492f-92fa-aae0627a4e8f';
the job's name and description are 'BITSFilesDownloadJob' and 'BITSFilesDownloadJob'.
The BITS service error message for this job is
'The server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, received an invalid response from the upstream server it accessed in attempting to fulfill the request.

'.
This job has been canceled, and the DownloaderManager will attempt it again. If you see this error frequently, you may have a mis-configuration, or another
administrator process/user is canceling BITS jobs.
It is also possible that some mis-configuration of the Manifest file is causing BITS to have trouble with a source or destination path;
be sure that all SOURCE paths are valid URLs, and that all DESTINATION paths are valid LOCAL UNC paths--_shares are not allowed_.