using .NET Application Updater block

Topics: Updater Application Block
Jul 8, 2004 at 9:55 PM
originally posted by: Bhokal

i am developing an application, using .net updater application block.

my server is windows 2003 server and client is windows XP. while running my application at client Application is downloading menifest file but not able to download the update files and giving the error.

--------CONTENT OF LOG FILE--------------

DownloaderManager.BeginFileDownloads :
Status updated with job id '9246dba0-3e0a-4b4e-ad5f-3ae64f81d4e2' for the application 'MYAPPLICATION'.

BITSDownloader :
The BITS service returned an error for the job with the ID '9246dba0-3e0a-4b4e-ad5f-3ae64f81d4e2';
the job's name and description are 'BITSFilesDownloadJob' and 'BITSFilesDownloadJob'.
The BITS service error message for this job is
'The server has not found anything matching the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier).

'.
This job has been canceled, and the DownloaderManager will attempt it again. If you see this error frequently, you may have a mis-configuration, or another
administrator process/user is canceling BITS jobs.
It is also possible that some mis-configuration of the Manifest file is causing BITS to have trouble with a source or destination path;
be sure that all SOURCE paths are valid URLs, and that all DESTINATION paths are valid LOCAL UNC paths--_shares are not allowed_.

-------------------------------------------
where as with the same application I am making 2003 server as client and XP as server .. it is downloading all files and running the updated application

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT TO FIND THE REAL PROBLEM

TIA
Jul 13, 2004 at 12:15 PM
originally posted by: kalamazoo

I'd have the same problem.

My application has some .config files (XML file) that I can download using the Windows XP as the server, but does'nt work when the server is Windows 2003. Other files are .PDB (the debug ones)

Once I've changed the extensions to .xml instead of .config, and deleting the .PDB from the manifest, it worked fine in both OS

hope it could help you in some way
Jul 13, 2004 at 7:47 PM
originally posted by: Bhokal

thanks for your reply..

for .config file. You need to go configuration of IIS and remove the .config file, It will work. As I know there is no problem with .pdb/dll files.
Jul 25, 2004 at 11:44 PM
originally posted by: GravyBod

If you do this change to IIS to allow .config files to be downloaded doesn't that mean that anyone could view an ASP.NET web.config file, i.e. isn't this config setting there to stop people from viewing web.config of an ASP.NET app?