AppUpdater not working, no log file.

Topics: Updater Application Block
Aug 3, 2004 at 12:51 PM
originally posted by: rbeyea

I have 2 applications successfully using the AppUpdater component. But this third one is giving me grief. I have removed the reference and readded. I have browsed to the the UpdateVersion.xml on the webserver without issue. I checked all the settings from the apps that worked against the one that is failing and location of the application is the only difference.

I don't get anything in the AppUpdate.log file.

I changed to the debug version of the AppUpdated and this is what I get when running from the dev environment.

-----
APPMANAGER: Checking for updates.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name Siebel_Rates.exe, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
File name: "Siebel_Rates.exe"
at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nGetFileInformation(String s)
at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName(String assemblyFile)
at Microsoft.Samples.AppUpdater.AppUpdater.GetLatestInstalledVersion() in C:\Develop\CSharp\Updater\redist\AppUpdater\AppUpdater.cs:line 320
at Microsoft.Samples.AppUpdater.AppUpdater.CheckForUpdates() in C:\Develop\CSharp\Updater\redist\AppUpdater\AppUpdater.cs:line 278
at Microsoft.Samples.AppUpdater.ServerPoller.RunThread() in C:\Develop\CSharp\Updater\redist\AppUpdater\ServerPoller.cs:line 125
APPMANAGER: New update NOT detected.
---

I am not sure how to determine what dependencies would be missing. The app runs fine the EXE and DLL's from my solution are all in the web locations.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Richard Beyea