Updater Application Block UseValidation false erro

Topics: Updater Application Block
Jul 15, 2004 at 1:59 AM
originally posted by: RajahS

Finally I have set it up the Application Updater Block and its working fine with my Application. Actually it is working fine when the useValidation of client Application is true but when I set it to false I m getting this error.

DownloaderManager.CheckDownloadCompleteOrError :
Error downloading files from the server for the application 'SayHello',
the following message was in the exception: 'SayHello'.
ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
STACK: at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at SayHello.Form1.updater_DownloadCompleted(Object sender, UpdaterActionEventArgs e) in c:\documents and settings\sivamr\desktop\selfupdater\sayhello\form1.cs:line 186
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ApplicationUpdater.ApplicationUpdateManager.OnDownloadCompleted(Object sender, UpdaterActionEventArgs e) in E:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Updater\Code\CS\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ApplicationUpdater\ApplicationUpdater.cs:line 471
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ApplicationUpdater.DownloaderManager.OnDownloadCompleted() in E:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Updater\Code\CS\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ApplicationUpdater\DownloaderManager.cs:line 218
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ApplicationUpdater.DownloaderManager.CheckDownloadCompleteOrError() in E:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Updater\Code\CS\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Updater\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ApplicationUpdater\DownloaderManager.cs:line 766

Does any body get this error?