DownloaderManager.CheckDownloadCompleteOrError

Topics: Updater Application Block
Nov 7, 2003 at 2:20 PM
originally posted by: machocr

I put the sample selfupdating to work, it is fine. But I made a litte test by myselt and throw this error:

OnUpdaterDownloadStartedThread: 87
Thread: 126

DownloaderManager.BeginFileDownloads :
Status updated with job id '1d203d12-61a0-4e3a-b5b3-c6ffaa7b2bb8' for the application 'AutoActualizador'.

DownloaderManager.CheckDownloadCompleteOrError :
Error downloading files from the server for the application 'AutoActualizador',
the following message was in the exception: 'AutoActualizador'.
ERROR: No se puede encontrar el recurso de identificador de idioma en el archivo de imagen.
STACK: at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ApplicationUpdater.Downloaders.IBackgroundCopyError.GetErrorDescription(UInt32 LanguageId, String& pErrorDescription)
at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ApplicationUpdater.Downloaders.BITSDownloader.HandleDownloadErrorCancelJob(IBackgroundCopyJob copyJob, String& errMessage) in C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Application Blocks

In english it would be: System Cant't find language id resource in the image file.
My aplicacion client, load the servemanifest.xml, makes txt log file, make the newfiles tem directory, but stops and dont copy the 2.0.0.0 new version directory.
What can it be? An How can I solve it?
Nov 7, 2003 at 6:56 PM
originally posted by: wsabey

Don't know what the answer is, but in the app updater sln is BitsInterop.vb with this entry point.. Not sure where it goes to retrieve the error, but it is part of the IBackgroundCopyError interface - (which I can't seem to locate in object browser)
'
' Retrieves the error text associated with the error
'
Sub GetErrorDescription(ByVal LanguageId As System.UInt32, <MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)> ByRef pErrorDescription As String)

Nov 8, 2003 at 5:35 AM
originally posted by: machocr

I have make my selfupdating test to work, but still give me problems, this time dowload all the folders in 2.0.0.0 version from server to client in the newfiles folder but not any file. The aplication remains in this state a never close. The pool time out error apears in txtlog or the updater stop because not response.
Can any body send me an other sambple of selupdating to serARCH what im doing wrong?