UAB 2.0 and UNCDownloader

Topics: Updater Application Block
Apr 8, 2005 at 3:19 AM
originally posted by: Apocwhen

I've plugged in the UNCDownloader into the AutoInProc sample successfully but when the PostExitApplicationProcessor performs its thing it cannot update the exe file that requires updating.

I tracked it down to the Application Deploy Processor. When I exit the .EXE application after the update has been downloaded the WaitForApplicationExitProcessor then allows the Application Deploy Processor to execute. However when it's copying the file to it's destination is says the current process is still in use, meaning it can't override it. But using the BITSDownloader, it will run the Application Deploy Process fine.

Anyone know any reason for this? AutoInProc is exiting the application, as the Post App Exit process does execute.
Apr 8, 2005 at 10:23 PM
originally posted by: Param23

Have you given the UNC address like this :

"\\machinename\foldername " in files section for base attribute.
Apr 8, 2005 at 11:10 PM
originally posted by: Apocwhen

Yes, as I have said, the Files are downloading to the client machine just as they would with the BITSDownloader. The problem occurs when it is time to run the post application process.

When I exit the application the Wait for exit processor unblocks, then allowing the application deploy processor to run, but this process fails saying the AutoInProc.exe is locked and still in use, even though it has closed. I haven't changed any code in the AutoInProc project so it should be just exiting like it originally does using the bits downloader.