BITS Download error:

Topics: Updater Application Block
Aug 22, 2003 at 7:01 PM
originally posted by: JeffDeville

I'm getting the d/l kicked off, but it is stops at the same file each time. My relevant portion of my log looks like:

DownloaderManager.DownloadApplicationFiles :

SOURCE: 'http://localhost/AppUpdater/1.0.4.0/Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.Interfaces.dll'
DEST: 'C:\Program Files\CDTConverter\newFiles\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.Interfaces.dll'

DownloaderManager.BeginFileDownloads :
Status updated with job id '620d2fe8-4048-432f-ad6a-0de0c2f113db' for the application 'CDTConverter'.

BITSDownloader :
The BITS service returned an error for the job with the ID '620d2fe8-4048-432f-ad6a-0de0c2f113db';
the job's name and description are 'BITSFilesDownloadJob' and 'BITSFilesDownloadJob'.
The BITS service error message for this job is
'The server has not found anything matching the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier).

'.
This job has been canceled, and the DownloaderManager will attempt it again. If you see this error frequently, you may have a mis-configuration, or another
administrator process/user is canceling BITS jobs.
It is also possible that some mis-configuration of the Manifest file is causing BITS to have trouble with a source or destination path;
be sure that all SOURCE paths are valid URLs, and that all DESTINATION paths are valid LOCAL UNC paths--_shares are not allowed_.

This file does exist, and the app does run from the server location. I have set my timeout to 600 seconds, but it doesn't make any difference. Basically, every 600 seconds, I'm asked to d/l an update again. Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Jeff
Oct 17, 2003 at 7:37 AM
originally posted by: kfaizullabhoy

Have u managed to get this working ?

Have run into similar issues
Sep 29, 2004 at 4:24 PM
originally posted by: Bearjing

I've been having this problem also -- Has it been solved?
I've been asked to convert an complex app to a smart client install and given 3 days to do it-- I'm into day 2, most of it spent with this infernal error.
I've never seen the Updater Block before and could really use the help.
Dec 27, 2004 at 2:52 PM
originally posted by: dvcarter

I think I have the same issue. I have checked everything and the URL is there.

BITSDownloader :
The BITS service returned an error for the job with the ID '02b9b269-816f-44ac-908d-4e9a82c7f96d';
the job's name and description are 'BITSFilesDownloadJob' and 'BITSFilesDownloadJob'.
The BITS service error message for this job is
'The requested URL does not exist on the server.

'.
This job has been canceled, and the DownloaderManager will attempt it again. If you see this error frequently, you may have a mis-configuration, or another
administrator process/user is canceling BITS jobs.
It is also possible that some mis-configuration of the Manifest file is causing BITS to have trouble with a source or destination path;
be sure that all SOURCE paths are valid URLs, and that all DESTINATION paths are valid LOCAL UNC paths--_shares are not allowed_.

ApplicationUpdateManager.StopUpdater :
The Updater is stopping updates for the application named 'FRMS04Update'. Time stopped: 20041226_18:49:49.
Jan 6, 2005 at 7:30 AM
originally posted by: figuerres2

same error here, see my post!
Jan 6, 2005 at 9:58 AM
originally posted by: DiegoGonzalez

Have you enabled downloading DLLs in your VDir?