SCBAT 20060224 Error message during install

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Mar 2, 2006 at 8:12 AM
originally posted by: AndrejJ

The messages below appear in the log during installation. Copying SmartClientDevelopment.dll as SmartClientDevelopment.dll into the target Folder before(!) ruuning setup.exe seems to fix the problem.

MsiExec.exe Error: 0 : System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///E:\Program Files\Microsoft SC-BAT Feb 2006\Smart Client Development Package\SmartClientDevelopment.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'file:///E:\Program Files\Microsoft SC-BAT Feb 2006\Smart Client Development Package\SmartClientDevelopment.dll'
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Registration.VsPackageRegistrationAttribute.GetVsPackageClass(String assemblyPath, String vsPackageClass)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = xxx\yyy
LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = E:\Program Files\Microsoft SC-BAT Feb 2006\Smart Client Development Package\SmartClientDevelopment.dll
LOG: Appbase = file:///E:/WINNT/system32/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===
LOG: This bind starts in LoadFrom load context.
WRN: Native image will not be probed in LoadFrom context. Native image will only be probed in default load context, like with Assembly.Load().
LOG: No application configuration file found.
LOG: Using host configuration file: E:\Temp\CFGD9D.tmp
LOG: Using machine configuration file from E:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///E:/Program Files/Microsoft SC-BAT Feb 2006/Smart Client Development Package/SmartClientDevelopment.dll.
Mar 3, 2006 at 8:58 AM
originally posted by: PProvost

Can you provide a bit more information? Is this the MSI generated by the Guidance Package MSI project? Which weekly drop did you use for this? Have you made any changes?

Thanks!

--Peter
Mar 4, 2006 at 12:34 AM
originally posted by: AndrejJ

The "RI-1 Feb 24 2006.zip" drop was used without any modifications, simply compiling and running the Guidance Package. Error messages appear in the debug channel only (OutputDebugString&Co), neither in Setup GUI nor the misexec log file (even with /l*v logfile).
I've tested a little more now: installing without pre-copying SmartClientDevelopment.dll still produce the error messages but a test run:
create smart client soultion
create CAB module
create view
add an event publication and subscription
generates exactly the same project structure and files, so the functionality of the Guidance Package seems not to be affected. I did scan my computer (file system and registry) for occurences of SmartClientDevelopment.dll files or strings but nothing found, may be some remains of the older SCBAT week drops causing the problem (I still brave playing with all weekly drops since 1/6/2006 ;-). I'll do a test install on a second computer.

Ciao,
Andrej