Showing messages on the Status Bar

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Nov 5, 2006 at 3:26 AM
originally posted by: rodri

hello everyone,

what's the better way to show a message into the Status Bar (i'm using one as an UIExtension Site on my Shell)?

i'd also like to "Add" messages to some control into de Status bar, can this be done?

regards
Nov 9, 2006 at 6:38 PM
originally posted by: askew

I would use the Event Broker and have the Status bar be a subscriber to events published by the various views and their controls.
Nov 24, 2006 at 2:58 AM
originally posted by: subahnet

hi i have already done that .... ya using the Event Broker ... its pretty simple...
Nov 24, 2006 at 4:26 AM
originally posted by: rodri

Yeah, i was planning to do it with a Service, this one would have an event publication and an method containing a string parameter as the message to display on the status bar and the firing of this event. On the other side, the Status bar would have a Event subscription in order to have the message.

I hadn't time to test it but as soon as i get i'll publish right here

regards.
Nov 24, 2006 at 4:31 AM
originally posted by: subahnet

Yeah exactly you are spot-on...
Dec 1, 2006 at 7:13 AM
originally posted by: Mummas

Please clarify if you are adding each usercontrol and its child usercontrols to the WorkItem.Items collection to be able to use the status bar service, or if you found some other ingenious method to display status text without that.

We have situations where the smart part has child user controls that are not smartparts.