Noob Question on Events (pub & sub)

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Sep 8, 2006 at 7:50 PM
originally posted by: Renelou

I had been using SCSF for quite a while but I just stumbled on this. I was working on a project usng scsf and I recently added a "class" (lang:c#) that I used on previous projects. (a class with those custom functions) Everything was well but when I tried to add a Publication Event to this class (for me to view what was happening), it won't execute because it is always NULL. I tried to add the usual references I had seen on the presenters but so far no luck on enabling publications in classes that are not generated using Right Click - Smart Client Factory (Guidance). Is it possible?
Sep 9, 2006 at 2:35 AM
originally posted by: PJackson

Are you creating the class via new (new MyClass()) instead of ObjectBuilder or one of the AddNew methods? If so, are you adding it to a WorkItem collection after instantiating it?
Sep 10, 2006 at 1:47 AM

I had added it using the Add Exisiting method because it was a class we used often before. I will try to explore now your solution of adding it to a WorkItem collection but I would be pretty more grateful if someone could point me to the right direction. Much thanks! :)
Sep 11, 2006 at 7:26 PM

I got it now, thanks for the help :) Now I know how to add classes in the AddServices section after playing with it.

This question was answered.