Help with exception in AppraiserWorkbench

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Mar 7, 2006 at 10:11 AM
originally posted by: hugoribeiro

Hi.

I'm new to SC-BAT so I will need some help to understand this error I'm getting and how to solve it.

I followed all the steps in the getting started docs and had no errors.

AppraiserWorkbench builds with no errors but, when selecting one appraisal from the available appraisals list, I get this exception:

"The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.ObjectBuilder.EnterpriseLibraryFactory' threw an exception."

The error occurs in the following line (EntLib source code - LogWriterFactory.cs):

public LogWriter Create()
{
return EnterpriseLibraryFactory.BuildUp<LogWriter>(configurationSource);
}

My EntLib assemblies are signed with our own private key so I thought that changing the PublicKeyToken in all app.config files that reference EntLib assemblies would solve this issue. No good.
Strange also is the fact that I can't debug the source code line that causes the error. But that only happens in the workbench project. I've checked it in other projects and debug works just fine.

Do you think that this concerned with the fact that only the EntLib assemblies are signed?
Another strange thing is that the ObjectBuilder assembly from the EntLib is different (in size only) from the one used in CAB. Which one should be used?

Has anyone seen this error and knows how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

Hugo