GuidancePackage error

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Jun 24, 2006 at 3:02 AM
originally posted by: MortenU

Regarding SC-SF Snapshot (2006-06-05).zip

Im trying to get the GuidancePackage to work, buy when i open a new Visual Studio and selects the Light Weight Smart Client project, im getting the following error:

System.Security.SecurityException: Package guidDD259E3702BB4b1c9F14737F534EEE22 configuration file is located at C:\Smart Client Software Factory\GuidancePkg\Src\SmartClientDevelopment\bin\Release\\SmartClientDevelopment.xml which is not a trusted location.
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.CheckPackageSecurity(String package, String location)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.GetConfigurationReader(String packageName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.EnablePackage(String packageName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.LoadPackage()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunStarted(Object automationObject, Dictionary`2 replacementsDictionary, WizardRunKind runKind, Object[] customParams)
The Zone of the assembly that failed was: XXXXXXX

I have done all what the Gettingstarted.rtf guide tells, but still no luck. I can see it has something to do with trusted Zones, but is there anyone that can help me a bit further.
Jun 24, 2006 at 6:53 AM
originally posted by: ddb126

I had the same issue. In the Docs folder there is a hlp file. In there it it says to execute the following msi.

Execute the file SmartClientDevelopmentSetup.msi. This file is located in the output directory of the SmartClientDevelopmentSetup project.

This corrected my issue.
Jun 26, 2006 at 11:48 PM
originally posted by: MortenU

Thank you for you response.

It also corrected my issue.