HOW DO I INSTALL THIS THING

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
May 20, 2006 at 6:29 AM
originally posted by: Acsis_DConroy

I'm new to BAT. I wanted to get started and use it, since it sounds great...

HOWEVER, I downloaded the 5/15 drop and can't make heads or tails of what I have to do to get it to work...

The download seems to consist of a directory strurcture with three different sln files.

I read the getting started thing, and put the appropriate dlls in the lib directory. but the last sentence in the blue box says:
"Open the reference implementation solution file Smart Client RI-1.sln in Visual Studio (you can use the Start menu item named AppraiserWorkbench to open the solution)."

How is there a start menu item when there is NO msi install? I do not have a Smart Client RI-1.sln file, so how can I open it?!

I only have three sln files:
AppraiserWorkbench
BankTellerWorkbench
GuidanceAutomation

All of which open to a host of errors saying that a variety of solution files are invalid.

What am I missing?
May 20, 2006 at 6:39 AM

Ok, I open the guidainceAutomation sln and no longer get project errors, but now, on compile I get 179 build errors, most of which are missing references.
May 20, 2006 at 6:52 AM
originally posted by: datapvs

Look in the Lib folder for ReadMe.txt.
May 20, 2006 at 6:54 AM

I read that and followed the instructions...before posting my first message
May 20, 2006 at 11:22 AM
originally posted by: darthtriad

i have not tried to get the GuidanceAutomation.sln working, yet. i do have AppraiserWorkbench.sln working, however. i had to:
-download NUnit 2.2.8 from SourceForge and install
-remove each reference to nunit.framework from each of the sub-projects under the Tests(Nunit) project
-add a fresh reference to nunit.framework
-rebuild
-set the C:\...\AppraisalService\ as the start-up project and then hit ctrl-f5
-set the Shell as the start-up project and then hit ctrl-f5

if you want to reset the appraisal data, without rebooting, do a search on BackingStore.xml (hidden file in a hidden folder--who's heard of isolated storage?) and delete it

on to BankTellerWorkbench...

/dt
May 20, 2006 at 12:01 PM
originally posted by: fballem

Also remember that there are two sets of tests - NUnit and Visual Studio Team System. If you don't have the Visual Studio Team System, then you will get a message that the project is not loaded. From the solution folder, select the VSTS related folder and remove it from the project.
May 20, 2006 at 12:27 PM

does anyone know if there is a way to set the web services project to auto-magically start when the shell project is run?

/dt
May 20, 2006 at 12:36 PM
originally posted by: rschrieken

Add an explicit dependancy in the Shell project
Right-Click Shell project > project Dependancies > mark the webservice
May 20, 2006 at 1:27 PM

it's interesting...the web service is already checked, but still it doesn't start automatically...
/dt
May 20, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Is the webservice project property set to build on startup?

I seem not to be able to prevent the webservice from starting...

My idea was by just disabeling all the options until it won't start. I've run out of options now...
May 20, 2006 at 2:48 PM

You may also disable the NUNIT projects from the build by means of the configuration manager