Problem with Click Once

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
May 6, 2006 at 8:02 AM
originally posted by: clausanderwald

I have got a problem with publishing my Smart Client Project with the new ClickOnce technology. After publishing the Shell-project I am able to run it from the webserver. But the problem is, it runs only the Shell-project and doesn't load the Module (I got only one). I manipulated the ProfileCatalog.xml to a wrong Modul.dll, and I have the same effect. It seems so as when the ClickOnce doesn't copy the Modul.dll with the project. But when I look at the publishing properties of the Shell-project under the application-files it contains the modul.dll and all other files.
Anyone there who has got the same problem or knows the solution for this problem?

Claus
May 7, 2006 at 1:46 PM
originally posted by: tzetlan

I'm not sure if you have already looked at this, but the following URL should provide you with the information you are looking for:

http://www.peterprovost.org/archive/2005/11/16/9584.aspx

Todd
May 8, 2006 at 10:46 PM

Thank for the information, it helps me for now. The solution for the problem is that you have to add all assemblies (module.dll and all other assemblies used by the module.dll) as a reference-item to the Shell-project. Then the module is loaded after publishing by ClickOnce and starting the application.
But I have still some questions:
In the articel http://www.peterprovost.org/archive/2005/11/16/9584.aspx is told
"Now that we have it running correctly, we have to make sure the files all deploy correctly using ClickOnce. Because ClickOnce uses a project's references to determine dependencies, it won't correctly identify that BankShell depends on BankTellerModule." That seems to be right. What I don't understand is when I add the Module-project as a reference in the Shell-project, Click-Once shows me at the application-files the module.dll and all other assemblies that belongs to the module.dll. In the manifest of ClickOnce are all needed files included, but running the programm doesn't work because the programm doesn't load the module. Is this a bug in ClickOnce?
May 11, 2006 at 6:01 AM
originally posted by: Joel69

I had the same problem. I found out that the ProfileCatalog.xml was being installed in the wrong directory. To fix it I went to the Publish part of the shell application Properties page and clicked the "Application" button. Then I changed the Publish Status of the ProfileCatalog.xml from Data File (Auto) to Include. Hope this helps.
May 11, 2006 at 9:46 PM

Thanks, this helps for the problem with the module!
Now I have some problems with a SQL Server 2005 Database, which is included in the project and is used in UserMode. But I think this may be the same kind of problem.