Additional Request for Phase 2

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Apr 14, 2006 at 5:33 AM
originally posted by: sklett

I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this.. if not, apologies.

I'm having a really difficult time getting my head around the service proxy stuff. I think it is a combination of the term "service" being used for so many different things (IE: IMessageBoxService & WebService) - When I'm trying to see the whole picture of the service proxy, I'm having a hard time determining what parts are supporting services as they pertain to CAB and what parts pertain to the WebService.

I hope that makes sense. Most of you probably aren't having a hard time with this, but man, looking at those flow charts in the docs and then the handful of classes that all have either 'service' in their name or 'command' is making my head explode :0(

Anyway, my request: Show the sexy, cool command queue, service proxy stuff but utilize it with a typical, non WebService data store, like SqlServer or, better for deployment... MS Access.

I'm not a seasoned, full time developer so there are a lot of new, huge and very different concepts I'm trying to learn, if no one else thinks this request is useful, I understand.

Just my 2 cents.