CAB SCSF CreateBusinessModule

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Dec 28, 2006 at 1:32 PM
originally posted by: aspatz

hi,
i had a problem creating a business module in an SCSF Project.
First it worked. Then i deleted this module for trying some other things. Then i tried to execute the project, but there was an error in the ProfileCatalog.xml because there was still the deleted module. I deleted this section in the ProfileCatalog.xml. Then the project runs.

But now i cant create any more Business Module. I tried it also in a new project... the error was always the same...
what can i do?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateBusinessModule. Error was: Action AddSharedModule failed to execute:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.Practices.GuidanceAutomation.SmartClient.Actions.AddSharedModuleAction.Execute() in c:\Dev\scbat\GuidanceAutomation\SmartClientDevelopment\Actions\AddSharedModuleAction.cs:line 57
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionCoordinationService.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your help.
Arnold