P&P Web App Baseline Architecture Toolkit ???

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Feb 14, 2006 at 5:59 PM
originally posted by: pbourbeau

Just trying to find some infos wether if there is a "Web App Baseline Architecture Toolkit " in the pipeline from P&P. We are positionning GAT + P&P Guidances in some projects. Having the possibility to start from P&P guidance based GAT recepies for building web project structure & implementation would be a very good start. I know this is a smart client workspace but maybe someone can share some clues on that.

Thanks
Feb 14, 2006 at 6:54 PM
originally posted by: kozaczynski

When you say "Web Application" do you mean a Web Client (ASP.NET client)?
Feb 14, 2006 at 8:22 PM
originally posted by: eugeniop

We do have the intention of having something similar for the web scenario, but it's still early. We need to finish this one first :-)
Feb 15, 2006 at 5:14 AM

Yes, you're right, that's what I meant, Web Client ASP.NET application.
Feb 15, 2006 at 5:20 AM

Great, I just tough there was an other team working in parallel on a ASP.NET version and I just couldn't find anything on that. Good to know that its in the plans. Guess there is no formal roadmap yet :-) After this one then !

Thanks again
Feb 15, 2006 at 6:20 AM
originally posted by: kozaczynski

There is an initial roadmap. We are in the process of collecting and prioritizing requirements, so it is a good time to tell us what kind of clients (with what features) you want to build.
Feb 15, 2006 at 7:08 AM
originally posted by: santosh_b

Hi, This web app looks like a great idea.

We are doing a Biztalk 2004 based project linking several legacy systems. The hub provides some core services that aggregate data from the legacy systems. We are looking to build some portals using ASPNET 2 (web parts and all that) to show this info. The parts displayed would depend on the users permissions to the various elements of data.

It would soon grow from a read only view to a transactional one (sync and async services) and having a generic infrastructure where we can plug in data portlets and management portlets would be nice.

A baseline architecture and toolkit would be really valuable to our efforts.

We are considering using the smart client as another delivery channel which makes it even more imperative to have a catalog of parts that can be rendered in smart clients as well as web clients.

Thanks
Benjy