Smart Client Software Factory

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Aug 3, 2006 at 11:57 AM
originally posted by: dgirling

Does anyone know a way of modifying the directory output hierarchy when using the software factory? For example, when using the create new business module recipe, it creates a folder in the solution directory and gives it the name of the module. Within this folder it creates two more folders, one is called obj and the other is the same module name again. And within this folder it creates the code. I was hoping to modify this so that it would start with creating the Module folder in the solution folder, then under this would create a new folder called dev, and then within this create its typical structure. The reason for this change is so that we can make it compatible with our versioning processes. I was hoping it would be a simple change to one of the template xml files, but so far it has eluded me.
Aug 3, 2006 at 1:34 PM
originally posted by: askew

This must be a bug.

There are duplicates of the .csproj files too, in both directories on the HDD with the module's name.
It appears that the deeper of the two .csproj files is the one utilized by the solution, I see it has a later datetime...

The problem with generating a module into a pre-made solution folder of the same name is another similar bug, maybe related, perhaps fixed at the same time.

My preference would be for modules to have their own directory created in the solution by the recipie (or as an option as with Views) and for there to be only one folder of the module's name, not two - and not two .csproj files...