Cannot run BankBranch sample

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Aug 23, 2006 at 5:54 AM
originally posted by: johnAtWatson

Fresh install of SCSF...

I can build the solution, but when I run the BankBranch app, I get an error I'm unsure about...

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException' occurred in System.Configuration.dll

Additional information: Configuration system failed to initialize

In the Trace() of BuilderTraceSourcePolicy.cs..
DeclaringMethod = '((System.RuntimeType)(args0)).DeclaringMethod' threw an exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException'

base {System.Exception} = Method may only be called on a Type for which Type.IsGenericParameter is true.
Aug 24, 2006 at 12:06 AM
originally posted by: Taniwha

I’m really just guessing here but if you are using SQL Express than you may need to go to the two web.config files for the web services and change the connection string to read Data Source=.\sqlexpress

Another idea is to pick one of the web services and change it to be the start up project, and then start the debugger. That way you can prove to yourself that the web services are running correctly. Once you have the first Web Service executing correctly then do the same with the second web service.
When you are satisfied that both web services are OK then change the start up project back to the Shell and then see if the app runs correctly?

_T
Aug 24, 2006 at 8:33 AM
originally posted by: johnAtWatson

Figured it out, turned out to be the same error I had with AppraiserWorkbench. After adding try/catches everywhere it was failing, I finally got the real error message. I thought this app was supposed to handle all unhandled exceptions.

Anyhow, the error for me was located in app.config, fixed by commenting out dataConfiguration section in configSections.

Error message was...
InnerException = Section or group name 'dataConfiguration' is already defined. Updates to this may only occur at the configuration level where it is defined. (C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SCSF\\bin\\Debug\\GlobalBank.Shell.vshost.exe.config line 20)