Missing: Light Weight Smart Client Templat

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Feb 22, 2006 at 1:47 PM
originally posted by: jgreek

Hello:

References: Guidance Package for Smart Client Development help file

I have installed the Smart Client BAT, the Guidance Automation Toolkit, and Extensions. However, when I try to open a new project of type Guidance Packages, I don't see "Light Weight Smart Client Template" within the default selection; I only see "Guidance Package". Please help to locate this template. I have the most recent versions of the above packages.

I don't want to create my own Guidance Package, rather I wish to experiment with the Light Weight Smart Client Template in order to invoke best practices in designing smart client applications via the model-view-presenter pattern.

Thank you.
Feb 22, 2006 at 3:11 PM
originally posted by: matiaswoloski

Hi,

Build the SmartClientDevelopmentSetup project. This will generate an MSI. Close all the Visual Studio instances and execute the msi located on SCBAT installation folder\SmartClientDevelopmentSetup\bin\Debug.

This will install the guidance package. Open Visual Studio and you should see the Light Weight Smart Client solution under Guidance Packages.

Matias
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/matiaswoloski
Feb 23, 2006 at 6:52 AM
originally posted by: gohch

I did the same thing as mentioned in the readme file. However, on my first try, I did not notice the files in the detected dependencies are excluded, so when compiled, there is no msi file. When I included all the files except for 1 file (EnvDte.dll) which I was unable to locate it, I simply excluded it. After that, the msi gets generated and I was able to create new smart client templat project.
Feb 23, 2006 at 7:42 AM
originally posted by: jgreek

Sounds great, but unfortunately my solution explorer is not displaying the names of the dependencies that are missing. Please state which it needs, and I will add them. I tried to open the vdproj file in a text editor and I was unable to parse out the references/dependencies.

Thanks, JG