Offline Block in Middle Tier

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Dec 15, 2004 at 11:45 AM
originally posted by: EricLy

Currently I have a windows service that remotes a singleton object that my clients access. The singleton was used so that every client would ge the same instance mainly to access cached data. I found the offline block and thought that it I could redeisgn my window service to take full advantage of the block. The main question I have is what is the best way to get the results back to the client application since the client is in another app domain? One option that came to mind was to have the client pass in an interface to the Remote object. The controller would then call a method on this interface in the event that gets raised from the executor. Please let me know if there is a better way or problems with this solution. Once I get this working I will be adding the Offline block to the client application as well which should be easier since it will be a winform application. So basically I will have 2 seperate applications each using the offline block on different machines. Sounds like fun doesn't it.

Thanks,

Eric