Install problems to HP4150 with PC2003

Topics: CAB & Smart Client Software Factory
Mar 17, 2005 at 12:36 PM
originally posted by: stramels

As a "newbie", I have created a VB.NET 2003 Smart Device Application that works perfectly on the Windows CE 4.1 Emulator and the PocketPC 2002 Emulator. However, when I click on Build Cab File, the CabWiz.PPC.Log and CabWiz.WCE.Log have several lines of Warnings in them.

I, then, used PPCInstallBuilder Lite version 1.2 to build the installation application but when I tried to execute the installation program it gave me the following error message:

"Application Manager cannot install this application on your mobile device due to an invalid setup file."

Can someone inform me of where I have misunderstood or did something incorrectly, please? I will be glad to forward the log files, BuildCab.bat file and the PPC.inf files to someone if needed.

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

The following are examples of warnings from the PPC.Log file:

Warning: Section DefaultInstall key "AddReg" - there are no section entries to process
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Shortcuts" is not using the string "%InstallDir%"
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Files.ARM" is not a valid file list
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Files.SH3" is not a valid file list
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Files.MIPS" is not a valid file list
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Files.X86" is not a valid file list
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Files.WCE420X86" is not a valid file list
Warning: Section DefaultInstall key "AddReg" - there are no section entries to process
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Shortcuts" is not using the string "%InstallDir%"
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Files.ARMV4" is not a valid file list
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Files.SH3" is not a valid file list
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Files.ARMV4" is not a valid file list
Warning: Section DestinationDirs key "Files.ARM" is not a valid file list