Does not recognise System.dll and

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Nov 1, 2006 at 2:28 AM
originally posted by: mccoolm

I get the following errors when trying to install the July 2006 Mobile Client Software Factory in particular the MobileClientFactory.sln in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory\GuidancePackage folder

I have System.dll, System.Data.dll as references however they do not reference the GAC but from the following directory
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Data.dll Is this correct. If I remove these as references I still cannot add them from the GAC. Any help would be apprieciated.

List of errors as follows

Error 11 The type 'System.Data.Common.DbDataReader' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory\ApplicationBlocks\DataAccess\Src\SqlDatabase.cs 89 25 Mobile.DataAccess

Error 12 The type 'System.ComponentModel.IListSource' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory\ApplicationBlocks\DataAccess\Src\SqlDatabase.cs 89 25 Mobile.DataAccess

Error 13 The type 'System.Data.Common.DbCommand' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory\ApplicationBlocks\DataAccess\Src\SqlDatabase.cs 89 25 Mobile.DataAccess

Error 14 Metadata file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory\ApplicationBlocks\DataAccess\Src\bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.DataAccess.dll' could not be found Mobile.DisconnectedAgent

Error 15 Metadata file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory\ApplicationBlocks\DisconnectedAgent\Src\bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.DisconnectedAgent.dll' could not be found MobileClientFactory

Error 19 Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory\GuidancePackage\MobileClientFactory\obj\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.SoftwareFactory.dll' 'The system cannot find the file specified.' C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory\GuidancePackage\MobileClientFactorySetup\MobileClientFactorySetup.vdproj MobileClientFactorySetup
Sep 27, 2007 at 8:11 PM
I have received this same error. Is there a resolution/workaround? I'm running Vista Ultimate and finally got the block to install, now I'm trying to build the projects (all failed during the installer).

Thanks.
Oct 5, 2007 at 2:12 AM
Edited Oct 5, 2007 at 2:12 AM
It's weird, I never got through this having the same OS.
I looked at program files and the path seems to be wrong, try looking at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v1.0\WindowsCE

Be sure you have NET CF and WM 5.0 SDK installed.