Problems installing (error compiling CaBGen.sln)

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Aug 31, 2006 at 12:25 PM
originally posted by: pkafka

Installing the software factory It makes it through the entire setup until it trys to compile the cabgen.sln in the command prompt it gives me the following error

"There was an error compiling <"C:\Program Files\Microsoft\ft Mobile Client Software Factory\Tools\CabGen\CaBGen.sln">

And then Rolls back the entire instalation.

Also if I catch the instalation at that point while it is displaying the error message I can brows to the CaBGen.sln and try to start it up. I get it to start and if I try to build the solution I get errors that it is missing an assembly reference to Microsoft.Cci.

I traced this back to the Microsoft FxCop 1.35 install and it has been installed fine. I was under the impression that FxCop made updates to install the Microsoft namespace adding the .Cci. Any Ideas of how to get that .dll so the reference will be valid.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Aug 31, 2006 at 12:50 PM
originally posted by: pkafka

Wow! That was painfull.

I was able to at each error, open the solution that wasn't building and locate the referenced dll for it then build properly. The install stoped on about five of them.

But it made it through the install in the end.
Sep 3, 2006 at 10:40 AM
originally posted by: dcazzulino

The Cci DLL should be placed into the Lib folder inside ObGen|CabGen solution folders. There's a readme in each of those folders explaining that.