Multi Solution Problems with OAC

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Sep 21, 2006 at 12:55 PM
originally posted by: johnkattenhorn

Hi,

If i have two Visual Studio environment open (One with my solution, the other with the RI implementation), i find that which ever one was built last breaks the other OAC, a compile in the broken solution always seems to fix the problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Thanks

John
Sep 21, 2006 at 3:04 PM
originally posted by: dcazzulino

Are you using binary or project referneces to the OAC?
Sep 21, 2006 at 11:14 PM

Hi,

I am using binary reference in both projects.

I've tried to change it to using project references but the build fails with "GenerateResource" tasks and also get the unable to copy file "obj\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.UI.OrientationAware.PocketPC.asmmeta.dll" to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\DesignerMetadata\Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.UI.OrientationAware.PocketPC.asmmeta.dll". The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\DesignerMetadata\Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.UI.OrientationAware.PocketPC.asmmeta.dll' because it is being used by another process. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory\ApplicationBlocks\OrientationAware\Src\OrientationAware\Mobile.OrientationAware.csproj 120 5 Mobile.OrientationAware

Thanks

John
Sep 22, 2006 at 7:31 AM

binary references should work fine :|
Sep 22, 2006 at 7:32 AM

What is exactly that breaks? What error do you get?
Sep 22, 2006 at 10:26 AM

Hi,

Using a completely seperate project for the controls is definetly the way to go - Thanks for the tip. The whole solution seems much more stable now and i've been able to get back to actually writting the application!!

Just also wanted to add that you've very helpful over the last few days, i know i've been pounding the message boards as i've been struggling to get my project back on track.

Thanks again.

John
Sep 22, 2006 at 1:46 PM

Just so to make you feel worse... I've been on vacations all this time too ;)