Installer cannot find Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Jul 16, 2006 at 3:17 AM
originally posted by: xtianism

The installer for the latest release cannot seem to find the Windows Mobile 5 SDK.

I use a danish version of Windows XP SP2 and I have the Windows Mobile 5 SDK (Both for PPC and SP) but the installer doesn't seem to recognize any installation of the Windows Mobile 5 SDK.

Any idea's?
Jul 16, 2006 at 4:15 AM
originally posted by: donelodes

I have the same problem.

I have Win XP SP2 Portuguese version and the mobile 5.0 SDK installed. I tried uninstalling the SDK and installing it again but it was the same...
Jul 16, 2006 at 5:45 AM
originally posted by: xtianism

I managed to install MCSF on one of my workstations that run an english windows XP. to get it to my danish workstation, i just copied the output folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory) to my danish workstation then built it myself.

Aside from Windows Mobile 5 SDK, MCSF also requires the Guidance Automation Extensions (GAX). Which can be download from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C0A394C0-5EEB-47C4-9F7B-71E51866A7ED&displaylang=en
Jul 16, 2006 at 7:25 AM
originally posted by: donelodes

Got around the problem, uninstaling the Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK from my default portuguese programs path (C:\Programas\... ) and installing it to the english programs path (C:\Program Files\...).

If possible, please correct this behavior...
Jul 18, 2006 at 9:00 AM
originally posted by: fkc888

The installer looks for WM5 SDK by examining your registry:
Root='HKLM'
Key='SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Tools\SDKs\{4118C335-430C-497f-BE48-11C3316B135E}'
KeyName='SDKInformation'
KeyValue='C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Properties.xml'

Perhaps your version of WM5 SDK is setting this value in another place.
Try creating this key and re-running the MSI.