Plans for MBAT

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Apr 11, 2006 at 4:21 PM
originally posted by: m_a_madero

When do you think it will be ready? What's the plan and what new features are you planning to release on each iteration?
Apr 11, 2006 at 5:33 PM
originally posted by: PerVonge

Done - done.... the plan is to be done by 6/30/06.

Around the scope - we're developing in an agile fashion and because we have limited resources and time the key is to manage scope; and YOU the community members can help us prioritize. Please use the drops and let us know what you think in order to prioritize.

Now on to the status on the scope: if you take a look at the slide deck from the 2nd technical advisory board con call on 4/7/06 (it is in the 3rd drop); you will see the priority 1s and 2s on slide 4. We expect that most of the development for prio 1s is done by 4/30 as we know it; and community feedback will influence that we make of improvements.

At the same con call we gave a list of "what's next" (slide #13) and among the list the advisory board asked us to prioritize (1) configuration and (2) notifications.

Now, we are looking for the feedback from the community members here! Engage and influence - NOW.
Apr 13, 2006 at 4:17 AM
originally posted by: m_a_madero

PerVonge:

Thanks for the info. I think we can help you with feedback.

We would like to change a bit some work that we have on our projects, I think we can start using CAB right now (we dont need Data Synch). Do you recommend using the CAB for production?

We were working on something similar to "Ocassionally Connected Web Services", actually what we were doing was something really simple, just inherit from a different class instead of SoapHttpClientProtocol and it would take care of sending the WebRequest once it could or is was necessary.

About the prios 2, we would like to have them in the following order: configuration, deployment, notification, AuthN-AuthZ and logging…

I will start a new thread with some Qs about the WS Specifications and WSE.