Guidance Packages

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Jun 28, 2006 at 12:53 AM
originally posted by: larsandreas

We've tried to install the 'The Mobile Client Automated Guidance Package', following the instructions, but encountered some difficulties:

1. Building the 'MobileClientFactory.sln' solution file, several references are missing. All exept one can manually be corrected by browsing to the correct location. The 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.dll', however, was not precent. We solved this by installing the 'July Community Drop now available' (http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=6fde9247-53a8-4879-853d-500cd2d97a83), making the missing dll available.

2. Following the step-by-step instructions, creating a web reference, right-clicking and selecting Mobile Factory->Create Disconnected Service Agent, and stepping through the wizard eventually generates the following error:

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateDisconnectedServiceAgent. Error was: Action RenderAgent failed to execute:
Exception of type 'Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Library.Templates.TemplateException' was thrown..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> Running transformation: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplatingfd1476511c474ebfbfd43718862fe91c.GeneratedTextTransformation.get_ProxyType() in c:\Programfiler\Microsoft\Mobile Client Software Factory\GuidancePackage\MobileClientFactory\bin\Debug\Templates\Text\DisconnectedAgent.t4:line 7
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplatingfd1476511c474ebfbfd43718862fe91c.GeneratedTextTransformation.TransformText() in c:\Programfiler\Microsoft\Mobile Client Software Factory\GuidancePackage\MobileClientFactory\bin\Debug\Templates\Text\DisconnectedAgent.t4:line 22
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()

Does anyone experience the same problem?

Lars Andreas
Jun 28, 2006 at 7:23 AM
originally posted by: dcazzulino

1 - Which version of GAT are you using? This drop was developed and tested for v1.0 (Dec CTP). Also, the Extensions.dll reference is no longer there in the latest drop, so probably you should check if you're actually working with the latest version.

2 - After you retry with the latest version, let me know if it still reproes. Keep in mind that you have to compile the project after adding the web reference, so that the proxy type shows up in the project in-memory list of types.

Thanks
Jun 29, 2006 at 6:01 AM
originally posted by: meitalge

I encountered a similar problem when trying to create a disconnected service agent.
I am using the latest version of GAT from 06/2006, and I compiled my solution after I added the web service reference.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance
Jun 29, 2006 at 7:22 AM

We're no longer using the Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.dll assembly in the latest version of the package. Can you retry with the latest drop?
Jun 30, 2006 at 3:27 AM
originally posted by: meitalge

I succeeded to create the disconnected agent.

Do you have a sample to store requests on memory instaed of on database?

Thanks
Jun 30, 2006 at 7:46 AM

If you look at the tests in the DisconnectedAgent solution, you will see a MockRequestQueue. This effectively implements what you're looking for. Note that it's "mock quality", although it works fine as tests use it extensively.