Problem on Smartphone WM5

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Nov 23, 2006 at 1:42 AM
originally posted by: azatoth

Hi!
I have tested OrientationAware Control but don't work with a SmartPhone Solution...
it's work fine only in a PocketPc Solution.

That's what I do:

1) Create a new SmartPhone Solution in VS.NET 2005
2) Add a reference for Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.UI.OrientationAware.dll
3) Create a new UserControl and changed the inherete from "UserControl" in "OrientationAwareControl"
4) Rebuild Solution

in a PocketPC Solution this steps works, but in the SmartPhone Solution, when I view the DesignView of the UserControl in center of the Control I read this...:

"Visual inheritance is currently disabled because the base class references a device-specific component or contains P/Invoke."

There are problems with SmartPhone WM5?

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for any response!
Nov 23, 2006 at 7:17 AM
originally posted by: dcazzulino

The OAC is a PocketPC class library, and therefore VS is only generating the design-time metadata for that platform. Unfortunate as this is, it's VS's requirement to have separate projects for each platform, so that appropriate metadata is generated for each.

Only workaround right now is to create another OAC project, this time of type WM SmartPhone Class Library, and include all the files from the pocket pc OAC project. Compile, and use that binary instead.

Note that there are a few custom MSBuild tasks in the OAC project that you will need to manually migrate over too.

All of this will be solved in our (Clarius) Orientation Aware product, coming really soon (CTP before end of month, hopefully). Stay tunned at http://orientationaware.net
Nov 23, 2006 at 8:13 AM
originally posted by: azatoth

:) Thank you very much!

Now it's all right ;)!