Using MCSF on a WinFrom application SmartClient

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Sep 30, 2006 at 9:31 AM
originally posted by: mauridav79

Hi all,

I've been developing a Smart Client WinForm application (.Net Framework 2.0), which now I want to add the offline capabilities to invoke a web service.
So I've been trying to use the Mobile Client SF to achieve that behavior.

To do that, I've referenced the MCSF Application Blocks from my winForm project, and use it as in AWTG reference implementation.

I've defined the endpoints, database (sdf) and the connection Monitor to createthe requestManager object, which starts to run by calling the StartAutomaticDispatch function . Then, when I call the "submit" web method using the functions of the classes created by the wizard (Guidance package), The request is saved in the database (sdf), but not dispatched to the web service.

Debugging the application block, I get an exception that was thrown in the Connection Monitor project, in the SystemStateConnectionBase class, when the function to check the network status was invoked (see the exception message below). Because the assembly Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Utilities is not included in the .Net Framework 2.0

So, the question is....

Is the MCSF useful to create winform smartclient applications that will be running in laptops (OS: Windows XP), which offline capabilities?

If it is, anyone could give me any pointers with the error described above?

If it isn't, anyone could give me any pointers to find a framework that help me with the task of development the disconnected capabilities of smart client winforms application over the .Net Framework 2.0.

Any help, would be really appreciated.
Regards,
Mauricio.-

-----------------------

Error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled

Message="Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Utilities, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Source="Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status"

FileName="Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Utilities, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
Oct 21, 2006 at 8:19 AM
originally posted by: cweyer

Did you solve this?
Oct 21, 2006 at 8:41 AM
originally posted by: dcazzulino

It should mostly be about removing the dependencies on the Microsoft.WindowsMobile assemblies.
Not sure how you would do the connection monitoring in the desktop, but you would typically have to implement a new set of connection monitoring implementations.
Oct 26, 2006 at 11:03 PM
originally posted by: Mehul2000

Use the Smart CLient Software factory for Desktop applications

http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/codegallery.aspx?id=941d2228-3bb5-42fd-8004-c08595821170