Help! Failed to load customer module

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Oct 6, 2006 at 10:29 AM
originally posted by: Siraris

We have been testing our version of the mobile client on the emulator through VS.net 2005. Everything works great on the emulator. We decided to deploy to our Siemens X66 PPC phones and test on there to see how things ran. The application deploys and is on the handheld and it starts, but when we click login at the user/password screen, it gives the following error:

An unexpected error has occured in awtogoshell.exe. Select quit and then restart this program or select details for more information.

Failed to load module from assembly Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.AdventureWorksTogo.CustomerModule, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. Error was: Failed to load module from assembly Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.AdventureWorksToGo.CustomerModule, version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. Error was Exception at

Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.CompositeUI.Services.ModuleMetadata.ThrowModuleLoadException() at Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.CompositeUI.Services.ModuleMetadata.InitializeModuleClasses() at Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.CompositeUI.Services.ModuleLoaderService.InnerLoad() at Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.CompositeUI.Services.ModuleLoaderService.Load() at Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.CompositeUI.CabApplication`1.LoadModules() at
Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.CompositeUI.CabApplication`1.Run() at
Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.AdventureWorksToGo.Shell.ShellApplication.Main()

Just for reference, the Hello World application deploys and runs successfully. Even with a fresh install with no modifications to the code, it still gives this error just having set to deploy to the handheld and not the emulator.

I'd really appreciate some help.
Oct 6, 2006 at 10:24 PM
originally posted by: donelodes

Hello,

Please make sure that the CustomerModule is marked for deployment in the Solution properties.
You can confirm if the CustomerModule was deployed in the RI_1 windows mobile folder.

Hope it helps,
Pedro
Oct 7, 2006 at 9:23 AM

Pedro -

The CustomerModule is marked for deployment and it has been deployed in the RI_1 folder.

Can you think of anything else?
Oct 7, 2006 at 12:04 PM

I compared the debug info from the emulator and the PPC. The only section that differs is right after it successfully loads System.Web.Services.dll:

######EMULATOR DEBUG INFO########
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
'AWToGoShell.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Utilities.dll', No symbols loaded.
The thread 0x76afd71a has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Run: 7756534
###################################

######POCKET PC DEBUG INFO########
A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in System.Drawing.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in mscorlib.dll
A first chance exception of type 'Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.CompositeUI.Services.ModuleLoadException' occurred in Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.CompositeUI.dll
####################################

I don't know if this can help at all.

Also, I checked the .NET compact framework 2.0 directory on my PPC and it is empty, as well as the tool folder. I tried showing all files and even viewing from activesynch on my computer with show all files/hidden files/system files and it still shows them as empty.

Does any of this help?
Oct 9, 2006 at 10:35 PM
originally posted by: donelodes

Maybe you have an error in the module, it can be a Service that is being used before being added to the current WorkItem Services collection... though it would be strange that it would work fine in the emulator...