Lab6: Create DisconnectedServiceAgent recipe issue

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Nov 2, 2006 at 7:02 AM
originally posted by: Mehul2000

Step 4 of Lab 6 - When I try to use the Create Disconnected Service Agent on my web reference, it gives me the following error

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ValueProviderException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateDisconnectedServiceAgent. Error was: An error happened while calling the value provider or evaluating the default value of argument ProxyType..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Type DeliveryModule.AdventureWorksService.Service from file C:\AdventureWorks\Source\DeliveryModule\Web References\AdventureWorksService\Reference.cs has not been compiled yet. Recompile project and retry.
at Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.SoftwareFactory.DteConverter.ToType(CodeClass codeClass) in C:\MCSF\MCSF Workshop\MCSF Workshop\MCSF\GuidancePackage\MobileClientFactory\DteConverter.cs:line 100
at Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.SoftwareFactory.DteConverter.ToType(ProjectItem item) in C:\MCSF\MCSF Workshop\MCSF Workshop\MCSF\GuidancePackage\MobileClientFactory\DteConverter.cs:line 45
at Microsoft.Practices.Mobile.SoftwareFactory.DisconnectedAgent.ProxyTypeValueProvider.OnBeginRecipe(Object currentValue, Object& newValue) in C:\MCSF\MCSF Workshop\MCSF Workshop\MCSF\GuidancePackage\MobileClientFactory\DisconnectedAgent\ProxyTypeValueProvider.cs:line 44
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()

The Adventure works web service was compiled before I executed the recipe.

Any help on this?
Nov 2, 2006 at 8:18 AM
originally posted by: Mehul2000

Solved by removing compilation errors in the solution.

This means that a recipe needs the solution to be in a compilable state. Thats news for me !