Other Patterns and Practices Factories

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Jun 2, 2006 at 10:48 AM
originally posted by: jahogg

As you may know P&P is working on a couple of other factories - namely the Web Service Software Factory and the Smart Client Software Factory. We are currently trying to determine what the user experience should be for people using multiple factories - specifically around user experience and shared resources such as GAX.

We have significant data that people using the Smart Client Factory are likely to use the Services Factory, however we have not heard any feedback from Mobile customers. It would really help us plan if you could let us know if you are currently evaluating the Mobile project and you would be using one of our other factories.

Please respond to this board with a simple "Yes" - or more specific feedback about how you plan on using the factories together. If we do not hear from people we will assume that due to the nature of Mobile development you are unlikely to also be using one of our other factories.
Jun 2, 2006 at 9:05 PM
originally posted by: askew

"Java works on Palm OS and Windows Mobile".
Retail applications have to consider this argument, don't they?
.NET for Palm OS? Hardware is a major part of the business decision.

I've read the post about very slow performance for MCSF.
(The use of Reflection in the Object Builder the cause).
Is a re-write the consideration now?

"If you build it, they will come".

I would like to give you a compelling reason to make this change, but I don't have the money to speak with.

I am using SCSF, will use WSSF, and would use MCSF when I could.
Jun 3, 2006 at 4:52 AM
originally posted by: m_a_madero

We are using MCSF and SCSF and will use WSSF when we get to that point on the projects.
Jun 3, 2006 at 7:02 PM
originally posted by: alush

I am looking at using MCSF, but I also need WSSF, also I would use SCSF.
Jun 4, 2006 at 12:47 PM
originally posted by: jeff_at_CWRMobility

Only using MCSF at the moment and no plans yet to use another software factory.

Regards,
Jeffry