Reference project solution?

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Jul 26, 2006 at 7:13 AM
originally posted by: HarrySimpson

Excuse my ignorance but I really would like to load the reference Orders solution and see it work. Course if it was a VB.NET app it'd be even better but I'm having a hard time figuring out where the main solution file resides that pulls in all the associated projects and blocks.
I've loaded the web service project to create the web service on my IIS but how do I load the other - I'd just like to see it all running and then I can figure out the C# to VB.NET stuff but I can't get the whole solution to load yet.

Thanks
Harry

PS. I got one version from here and another from Microsoft's site. Are they the same?
Jul 26, 2006 at 7:49 AM
originally posted by: fkc888

First, please download the version on MSDN (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=F9176708-9F57-4C0F-97FB-F9C65A9BBF22&displaylang=en).

After you run the installer, you should see a link to the AdventureWorksToGo (reference implementation) solution. Also, you will need to follow the instructions in the documentation regarding setting up merge replication publications and subscriptions. But if you simply want to see the AdventureWorksToGo application running on an emulator or device, deploy the modules (OrderModule, MapModule, and CustomerModule) and press F5 to debug the AWToGoShell application.