HELP! Lab 3 from workshop

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Oct 12, 2006 at 7:33 AM
originally posted by: ToddMorris

Hello everyone,

I'd really appreciate any help on the following issues. I'm currently getting the following message.

"A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed. For more information please see HRESULT"

PROBLEM A:

In the Workshop - Lab3.doc

In the section Configuring Web Synchronization:

It states"6. Set “AdventureWorksPub” as the Alias, press Next and confirm the new folder creation clicking the “Yes” button and also accept the copying of SQL Mobile Server Agent to the folder by clicking “Yes” button in the second message box."

What should the path be for this alias in the next screen?

1. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\repldata\unc (\\servername\ADVENTUREWORKSSHARED)
OR
2. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition\Server

I'm kind of confused with this alias "AdventureWorksPub" and "ADVENTUREWORKSSHARED". Are they two different things? Any details would be great.

PROBLEM B:

Once I installed the MobileFactory.msi it set up some publications and distributor on its own. Therefore, the section in the Lab3.doc that explains setting up the distributor is never actually done. Could this be an issue?

PROBLEM C:

which folder path should I share as ADVENTUREWORKSSHARED

1. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\repldata\unc\SERVERNAME$PFWSERVERADVENTUREWORKSADVENTUREWORKS\20061011124332

OR

2. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\repldata\unc

Other than the above problems my setup has gone pretty smoothly. Is there any way to see the actual return failure I get from my connection object? It would be nice to see if my password is failing etc....

Something I just noticed as well is that my sa login. Under properties, the user mapping doesn't have my adventureworks db mapped. When I try to give sa access to that db it gives me a "cannot use the special principal 'sa'". Could this be the root of all evil. Or my problems?

Any help would be outstanding.

Thanks