WorkShop Lab 7. missing code?

Topics: Mobile Client Software Factory
Oct 13, 2006 at 2:33 AM
originally posted by: Turg

Hi there,

I'm trying to complete the Password Authentication Lab but i think there is a mistake in the code of the lab documentation.

On step 3 we should implement IMobilePasswordAuthenticationService and MobilePasswordAuthenticationService but there is no code for the class (MobilePasswordAuthenticationService).

Instead of that code, the code from step 4 is repeated twice.

It's obvious that because of this mistake, the project won't compile... (missing references on ShellApplication.cs)

1. Has anybody completed this lab?
2. Is it me or is it a mistake?
3. Is there any place I could get the missing code?

Anyway, if I've reached the last lab I think I'll be capable of implementing my own class but I'd like to have an "un-official" implementation to complete the lab.

Thanks

Turg
Oct 28, 2006 at 11:05 AM
originally posted by: dalethomas

If you look in the MCSF help document you will find an application similar to the Workshop Application called AdventureWorksToGo or something. That documentation gives a pretty good technical description of the application. You can find the project files for that app within the directory structure of the MCSF installation.

You should read the entire online help document and study both the Hello World and the AWToGo solutions.

You can find the answer to your question within the AWToGo example solution. My installation is here:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mobile Client Software Factory\ReferenceImplementations\AdventureWorksToGo
Oct 31, 2006 at 1:29 PM
originally posted by: Turg

Thanks Dale,

I found what you are telling me now a few days after my post. (I should have posted it)

Anyway, It's nice to know that somebody reads the posts.

Thanks again,

Turg